- HOW TO GET ON THE WAITING LIST Please start by reading the welcome package documents linked below. We ask you that you read these documents before contacting us, so that you are aware of how we work and what is important to us. Once you have read these materials, here are the steps you must complete in order to be put on the waiting list.
- ARRANGE A TOUR. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a tour of the community. By sending this email, you will also be letting the waiting list coordinator know of your interest. The coordinator will arrange to have a community member accompany you through the various parts of this process.
- ATTEND A COMMUNITY MEAL AND GET-TO-KNOW-YOU MEETING. Let the coordinator know when you want to attend a community meal and the coordinator will arrange for a community member to accompany you at the meal. The community member will send an email to the community before the meal informing the community that you will be at the meal and that you will be available after the meal, and will announce at the opening circle that there will be an informal get-to-know meeting after dinner.
- ATTEND AT LEAST ONE ENTIRE FULL-CIRCLE MEETING. Let the coordinator know when you want to attend a full-circle meeting. A community member will announce at the meeting that you are attending and interested in getting on the waiting list. Attending a meeting is a good way to get to know how we work together. Since we make decisions by Dynamic Governance, it is important that you understand what that means and feels like. It is necessary that all adult members of a household attend at least one meeting.
- ATTEND AN ORIENTATION MEETING. The purpose of this meeting is to make sure that you that you know everything you can about our community, the way we live and what we expect from each other, before you make a commitment. A member of the community will contact you to set up this meeting after you have completed the first three steps and will give you links to important documents to read before you meet. At your orientation meeting you will discuss whether you are ready to purchase in the near future, financially and otherwise. You will also be given a copy of the waiting list agreement.
- SEND A WRITTEN REQUEST TO BE ON THE WAITING LIST AND SIGNED WAITING LIST AGREEMENT TO THE WAITING LIST COORDINATOR. The coordinator will post your letter on the bulletin board for 30 days and notify the community of your request. If any community member has concerns about your potential membership, they are supposed to talk directly with you and/or the membership circle. Assuming all concerns are resolved, you will be welcomed onto the waiting list at the next Full Circle meeting after the 30 days have passed.
- FINAL STEP. Once you have been welcomed onto the waiting list, you have two choices: if you are ready to buy a house at that time, you will send a check for $500 to the waiting list coordinator. This is just to save a spot on the waiting list and serve as your deposit when you put an offer on a house in the community. It will be returned to you at your request if you decide to get off the waiting list. If you are not currently ready to purchase, you will be put in the waiting pool. You can move from the waiting pool to the waiting list by sending your deposit to the coordinator. The date that the coordinator receives your deposit will determine any priority that may be given based on time of entry onto the waiting list.
Dated: May, 2020